Tuesday 18 October 2011

Deforestation idea


The photographer Jan Staller has produced several projects that have inspired me. Most of her work focuses on the impact of man and the mess it leaves behind. Her images are seen as close –up, as she wants to create an abstract approach, this entitles the public to focus on the colour and texture of her subjects. I wanted to try and create a similar approach emphasizing colour and texture, throughout my test shots of deforestation.












 I also gained much inspiration from Robert Glenn Ketchum's work. I was fascinated on how he cropped his images to block out the backgrounds of his subjects. This reduced the sense of scale and made the public focus on textures and vibrant colours. His depiction of the natural landscape is relatively stunning, and works with the 'great outdoors‘.




















humans have changed the environment. Lat week I began taking some test digital photos of deforestation. This evidence of woodland and trees highlighted the sensitive subject of our human power and control and need for material.

No comments:

Post a Comment