Saturday 22 October 2011

colour printing workshop

Really enjoyed the colour printing induction on the 7th of October. The procedure was exciting and enjoyable but at the same time challenging as the task involved a great amount of attention to detail. Throughout the process I enjoyed and was intrigued learning about the subtractive system. The subtractive system allows us to work with the colours named Yellow Magenta and Cyan. the two systems are known as the combing of colours. When applying this procedure there is the combination of three basic colours. for instance if I was to add red and blue together in equal amounts I will get Magenta a purple colour. By varying the amounts of red and blue I would get all the colours that exist in in the spectrum between red and blue. The same with the combination of blue and green and green and red. I found this task hard at first as I had to apply several amount of test strips to achieve a well balanced coloured image. At first I test striped:
 
 
 
 
1                                                                
Y:80
M:50
B:0
0.5 seconds 
2
Y:80
M:50
B:0
1.7 seconds 
3
Y:80
M:60
B:0
17 seconds
4
Y:75
M:55
B:0
17 seconds
5
Y:75
M:57
B: 0
17 seconds
6
Y: 75
M:53
B:0
17 seconds
 
 
 I hope to apply some more test strips throughout my project, as I can gain more confidenceand skills intitled for this area of work .
This picture shows the enlarger. When having our induction I learnt that this type of enlarger is a bit different than the black and white enlarger. On the colour enlarger there is a colour head above the negative carrier. This colour head has three filters in it, which were known as the subtractive system.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This shows the colour guide which was placed above the printing machine. I found this guide very helpful as I could guide my prints towards my final outcome.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is my final print,  I was pleased with the outcome, as I felt I had achieved a new skill, learning information in all areas. Although the process took a long time, I think the colours are well balanced.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment