Saturday 24 December 2011

re-shoot environment/deforestation

When thinking about locations to re-shoot for my environment landscape project, I researched further into areas that showed the relationship between humans and the environment, highlighting deforestation. After travelling to different locations, I decided I wanted to shoot in the area Boxley. Whilst out on location, I came across a fencing company named Boxley Timber and Fencing Supplies. This area offered me the perfect location to shoot. Before shooting, I researched into the company and found out that they deliver all types of fencing, panels, gates, decking and garden products to the public and trade within a 30 mile radius. The company use chestnut wood to make all their supplies, which involve cutting down trees and re-using for other materials. This I think symbolises the control that man has on landscape. And think each of my images are a sign of human invention on landscape highlighting a political manner of greed for resource.
When shooting I used an Ilford 400 black and white and a 160 colour film. This enabled me to process both negatives, and conclude final images which I felt were best suited. I used a 90 standard lens and used a bronika Camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment