Thursday 10 November 2011

what route? shoot techniques? Environment

What route to go down?
 
After researching, and thinking I decided to focus on how deforestation is becoming more frequent. I wanted to highlight this with a shoot of trees having been cut down. In today's society deforestation Is becoming increasingly more apparent, and therefore should be addressed as we will end up killing natural environment.
 
 
Why I chose certain techniques for my shoot?
 
 
For my shoot I used a 90mm standard lens, a ilford 400 film and a mamiya RZ 6x7.
The colour, direction, quantity, and quality of the light i used determined how my subject appeared. In the studio, with artificial light sources, i can precisely control these four effects; however, most of the pictures I took for the environment project were taken in daylight. I did struggle taking the shoots as the availability of cameras was limited, and only gave  4hour period before dark to shoot. Whilst I chose a higher iso (400) I felt I was still limited through light.
 
I chose to use different angles and widths of camera view as I could experiment with depth, shadow and contrast. I also could emphasise certain areas that I felt should be noticed and identified.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment