Thursday 10 November 2011

Inspiration photographers

Inspiration photographers
 
 
When researching themes for my environment project, the Canadian photographer Edward Burtynsky inspired me. When researching i loved the importance of the global issue “oil”. When researching his work, I love how the photographer presents his visual fascination with the world’s addiction to oil, and how this concept can create a massive globalisation issue. After research and location searching, unfortunately I didn’t have enough time to find a suitable location and therefore began researching other themes and photographers.
 
After my environment tutorial I began exploring more specific photographs related with my chosen theme of deforestation and thought by researching these photographers would help decide what route I was taking my theme upon.
I began researching the work of Edgar Martins. I chose to focus on his work, because of his epic landscapes that he photographs. His work is very formal and very minimal something that I admire. I feel he relates to my work very well since I have been focusing on the land. Much of his work is small apertures and long exposures, a method that I have tried through test shots.
 
Through out Darren almonds work he refers back to the issue of the horrific information we are given about the destruction of the planet. The political and social issues are there in his work because they are current, and show an emotional landscape that surrounds viewers when observing. His work focuses on the subject matter of a recurring theme of time, memory, human labour and exploitation in various geographical parts of the world.
 
Robert Adams was the other photographer. I find it fascinating how he impacts the forest clear-cutting landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment