Saturday 24 September 2011

The synchronicity or Light, Exposure & Contrast

      The synchronicity or Light, Exposure & Contrast 
On the 22nd September, my group and I had an induction on aperture shutter speed and iso, concentrating and learning how they all balance out.
After our health and safety talk, we then learnt about studio practice and focussed on all equipment we would be using during the induction, e.g. how to set up lighting, polyboard, Lighting stands, Tables, tripods, backgrounds etc….
We then began the talk about synchronicity of light., and was later introduced to a
light metre. This type of equipment helped measure the amount of light, and determined the proper exposure in the photograph. When experimenting, the metre could decide which shutter speed and f-number should be selected for an optimum exposure. For my first time, I enjoyed using this piece of equipment and therefore am considering investing in one.
Once our setting was created, we then learnt about the 2 medium format cameras. The camera I used was the rz67. This style of camera could control a number of   things, for instance the Shutter speed, was ISO sensitive and contained Shutter release etc.
After the talk and experimenting, we then was put into action and began shooting our object which was a candle. Myself and partner shot in b&w using ilford delta 100 iso.
When shooting out object we made sure we used the light metre to test different shadows, highlights, mid-tones and shutter speeds, From using this technique we could see if our images were looking over and or underexposed. 
As I had never used any of the equipment that was introduced to me, I really enjoyed the induction, as I learnt how to use and set up equipment, and felt with further practice I could develop and learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment